First TransPennine Express
First TransPennine Express is a train operating company that provides rail services to the North of England and across the Pennines east to west. First TransPennine Express is jointly owned by First Group and Keolis and is one of the few train operating companies which runs services 24 hours a day.
About First TransPennine Express
First TransPennine Express has been running under the First TransPennine Express franchise since 2004, taking over the long distance routes from First North Western and Arriva Trains Northern. The local routes of these two former franchises were taken over by Northern Rail in December 2004.
First TransPennine Express' Route
First TransPennine provide intercity links as well as services to the countryside and popular holiday and outdoor destinations in the Lake District. The three main routes operated by this train company are:
- Southern Route: Links Manchester with Sheffield, Doncaster and Cleethorpes.
- Northern Route: Linking Manchester with Cumbria and Scotland.
- North-eastern Route: Linking Greater Manchester and Liverpool with York, Leeds, Hull and Newcastle.
First TransPennine Express Network Map (©First TransPennine Express)
First TransPennine Express' Popular Destinations
- First TransPennine Express provides services from all the rail stations of Manchester and Liverpool, including Manchester Airport.
- They also provide rail services to the popular seaside resorts of Scarborough and Blackpool.
- Services also run across the border to both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
First Transpennine Express Customer Service Contact Details
Primary tel: 03456001671
Admail 3878 FREEPOST
Cycle Reservations Tel: 03456001671 Option 4.
Assisted Travel Tel: 0800 107 2149